Traditions Performance Firearms®, a leader in the outdoor industry, is a firearms importer and manufacturer that specializes in muzzleloaders, black powder revolvers, centerfire rifles, single action revolvers, cannons, build it yourself kits, bullets, accessories, optics, and more. Traditions® is known for quality, value, and performance and we build that into each one of our products. We are looking for qualified, dedicated individuals to join our amazing team!
Traditions® Performance Firearms is looking for a Warranty Repair Tech/Gunsmith to join their team!
- Warranty repair of firearms and restoration to factory specifications.
- Diagnosis of problems with firearms.
- Repair, replacement and fitting of small parts.
- Repair or replacement of various types of stocks and forends.
- Barrel replacement to include head spacing and chambering.
- Test firing firearms for function and accuracy.
- Ensure firearms are repaired properly and returned to factory specifications.
- Installation of optics.
- Perform builds as per the operation’s manager directive.
- Preparation of firearms for shows and demonstrations.
- Answer technical questions from service department representatives.
- Work with customer service representatives to help diagnosis customer problems.
- Receiving and entering returns and executing the RMA processes.
- Assisting in quality control checks.
- Gunsmithing certification/degree from accredited 2-year college, technical school or experience equivalent.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- MAS experience a plus.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers. clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to use common hand tools including files, chisels, hones, stock scrapers and taps.
- Ability to use machine tools including drill press, mill, sander and buffer.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to adapt and provide fast response to changes.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as a team member.
- The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts.
- Ability to lift 65 pounds.
- Competitive Salary/Compensation, Commensurate with Experience
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- 401K Plus Company Match
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located in Old Saybrook, Connecticut and is a full time or part timeposition.
We look forward to receiving your application!